Finding a professional private carer whom you can trust can seem like an overwhelming task. At Country Cousins, we take away the stress of finding a private carer by matching your needs and wishes to the ideal carer for you.
In this guide, we explain your options for finding a private carer, and how our live-in home care service provides a stress-free approach to finding the perfect private carer to support you or your loved one at home.
Choosing a private carer
Finding a private carer on your own can be a laborious process. It can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start or simply don’t have the time to carry out all the research and interviews. It can be especially difficult if you are new to home care and unsure how to vet potential carers, including their skills and experience.
Finding the right carer for you depends on your circumstances, health status, mobility, care needs, geographical location, lifestyle, personality and more. It’s important that you find a private carer who has experience in the health conditions or circumstances that are relevant to you.
A successful private carer-client relationship relies on having a carer who complements your lifestyle, personality and interests. We know through 60 years of experience in private home care that a good match means friendships blossom. Indeed, most of our clients comment on how their Country Cousins’ carer is like one of the family – a companion who they can rely on and confide in.
That’s why Country Cousins offers a complete and hassle-free approach to finding a private carer. As experts in the home care sector, we know exactly what to look for in a private home carer. We carry out all the vetting, references and checks, take care of the paperwork, and all the details relating to finding and setting up your care arrangement, so you can get the perfect private carer as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Considerations for finding a private carer – what are your needs?
Before you start looking for a private carer, think carefully about what your care needs are.
Some questions you may ask yourself include:
- Do I need more support at certain times of the day?
- Do I need support during the night?
- Do I need any specific support to address complex health needs?
- Do I need a long-term arrangement or a temporary respite service from a private carer?
- What specific daily tasks do I need help with?
- What activities can a private carer support me with?
- Do I have space in my home for a live-in carer?
- Do I have any specific personal preferences or wishes regarding a private carer?
Considering your needs in advance will make finding a private carer easier, whether through an introductory care agency or by recruiting yourself directly.
Private home carer options
To find a private carer, you can either carry out the research and recruitment yourself or use an introductory home care agency, like Country Cousins, to do the research and recruitment for you.
To recruit a private carer yourself, you will need to search for private carers in your area, review CVs, conduct interviews, check references and qualifications, and carry out criminal records checks to ensure your safety. Since you will be directly employing your private carer, you will need to provide a work contract and make arrangements with the carer for days off. A backup plan should be carefully considered in case your carer needs time off, such as in the case of sickness or an emergency.
At Country Cousins, we have been providing professional and compassionate home care for over 60 years. In fact, we are the longest-serving live-in care agency in the UK. Our expertise enables us to offer a range of home care options to suit all needs and wishes.
When employing a private carer through Country Cousins, you can choose the right type of care and the carer that suits you. Depending on your care needs and health status, we will match you with an experienced carer who is skilled in caring for the specific health condition you live with.
Our home care options include:
- Live-in care
- Overnight care
- 24-hour care
- Long-term or temporary respite care
- Couples care
- Care for complex health needs, such as Alzheimer’s care or cancer care
The benefits of a private home carer with Country Cousins
Not only is finding a private home carer with Country Cousins hassle-free, but you can also enjoy these reassuring benefits:
- Efficient and timely carer recruitment process so you get the right care quickly
- All paperwork, recruitment, vetting and checks are taken care of on your behalf
- Guidance and advice from our expert care team
- Benefit from our network of specialised, skilled and experienced carers throughout the UK
- Perfect client-to-carer matches – we take into account your care needs, health status, preferences, wishes and lifestyle to find the ideal private carer for you.
- Access to our office care management team for support anytime you need
- Flexible and adaptable care – as your needs change, so does the care you receive
- Continuity of care – we involve your existing healthcare providers and family so we can provide a holistic approach to care
- Peace of mind – you are receiving quality home care from skilled and experienced carers
For more details about our live-in care services, read our guide to How Live-In Care Works.
Steps to finding a private carer with Country Cousins
Finding a private carer with Country Cousins is easy, just follow these simple steps:
Call us – Get in touch and have a no-obligation, confidential conversation with one of our team to discuss your care needs.
Register – Our care team will take the time to understand your care needs, wishes and preferences in detail so we can fulfil all your requirements.
We find your perfect carer – With the information we gather, we will match you to a carer with the skills, experience and personality that suits you. All our carers are experienced, trained and carefully screened so you have total peace of mind.
You choose – We will provide you with profiles of carers who best match your needs. You get the final decision on whether the carer is right for you while we deal with all the paperwork.
Begin care – In the early stages of your care arrangement, we will check that you are happy with the service, and our expert care team is always just a call away if you have any queries.
Talk to our team today
Call our experienced team today on 01293 224706 to discuss your private care needs and receive a free no, no-obligation quotation. Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form, and we will get in touch soon.