Stay safe with care at home
We have recently experienced a significant and unprecedented public health situation with COVID-19. It is our duty as one of the UK’s leading homecare providers to update the community on what you can do to stay safe and vigilant. This is also an opportunity to share what Country Cousins are doing to help ourselves and those around us.
At Country Cousins, our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our employees, carers, clients, their families and the wider community. Our live-in care service continues to operate as usual and has been noted as the safest form of care, particularly with the high transmission rates within care homes.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are doing all we can to keep our clients safe, and we are taking our responsibility in this difficult period very seriously with extreme precautions put in place.
Our COVID-19 Care Measures
Three simple steps to receiving live-in care
1. Call Us
Call us and have a no obligation, confidential, conversation with one of our team to discuss your care needs.
You will go into more detail with a member of our expert care team who will take the time to really understand your requirements.
3. Begin Care
Our highly skilled team of Customer Relationship Executives will then identify and match you with the perfect live-in carer.
Advice for you and your families
News of the economy opening up will be greeted with great optimism by large portions of the country, but there is still a need to remain vigilant and follow the latest guidance.
- Keep in regular, virtual, contact with your loved ones. Self-isolating does not need to mean someone becomes self-isolated.
- Communicate often with your carers. Although our team of dedicated CRE’s are in regular contact with both our clients and carers, a little check-in every now and again with your loved one’s carer can make a big difference in the quality of care they receive.
- Support with daily errands where you can. Supporting your loved ones with daily errands, such as online food deliveries, where it is safe to do so, can make a big difference to how they feel as well.
- Get them up and exercising in a safe, controlled environment. Keeping active is one of the best means of keeping immune levels high.
- Order a test if they display any symptoms. Crucially, if your loved ones (or you) develop any symptoms, however small, order them a home testing kit immediately and advise them to isolate at home until the test results come back.
Live-in care with Country Cousins, remains one of the safest care options during the ongoing pandemic. You can read more to find out what we’re doing to safeguard you and your loved ones here.
Minimising the risk of infection
Wash your hands
Wash your hands regularly, for at least 40 seconds. Be sure to also carry a pocket-sized hand sanitiser with you
Wear a face covering
Ensure you have a clean mask with you when you're out and about to cover your face with. Especially when indoors
Follow the guidance
Be sure to regularly check the government websites to ensure you are up to date with any changes in guidance
Avoid crowded spaces
Make sure to avoid public spaces unless absolutely necessary. This will minimise your interaction with other people
Avoid touching your face or other shared objects with your hands
Catch it and bin it
Carry a small packet of tissues with you at all times so you can catch any coughs or sneezes to then throw in the bin