What is Live-in Care?
Live-in care is one of the most popular types of care for the elderly and disabled. The Country Cousins live-in care service is bespoke to the individual. This means that the right care is given to each individual whether it is for the elderly, those who require Dementia care, those living with a long-term condition, individuals in need of end of life care or care for disabled adults.
In this guide, we’re going to take you through what live-in care is, the benefits of it, why we’d recommend it as well as showing you what our clients have said about their live-in care experiences.
Live-in care is one of the most popular alternatives to living in a care home. Essentially, it allows those in need of care to receive it from the comfort of their own home as opposed to living in a care home facility. This allows the client to stay in their own surroundings which is often seen as more comfortable and comforting. You can stick to your own routine and if you have pets, you’ll be able to keep them which means you have more company on a regular basis.
What are the benefits of live-in care?
There are many reasons why people opt to go with live-in care over living in a care home. Here’s our list of some of the top benefits of live-in care:
- Your Environment – You get to live in the comfort of your own home, in an environment that you created.
- Retain your independence – You can retain a certain level of independence and privacy from the comfort of your home.
- Stick to your routine – If you have a routine, with live-in care you can stick to it. Your daily life stays the same, just with a little bit more support.
- See your family and friends as normal – You can still see your family and friends as you normally would. They can pop round and come and go as they like.
- Tailor-made care – The care you receive is bespoke and caters specifically for you and your needs. Your carer can help you as little or as much as you want.
- Personal support – Your carer is your friend, and they want to offer you as much personal and emotional support as you need. Want a coffee and a chat? That’s what your carer is there for.
- Pets – If you have a pet, you can keep them because you’re in your own home.
What is the job of a live-in carer?
Your live-in carer is there for you and your needs. They can partake in several household tasks to help you; it really is down to you. If there are any tasks that you like doing every now and then, they’ll leave them for you. Here’s a list of the typical jobs a carer will do for you:
- Cook fresh homemade meals for you on a regular basis to ensure you’re getting the nutrients that you need
- Run errands and collect essentials – if you need urgent medication, they can pick it up for you
- Complete household tasks
- Support you when it comes to your bathing needs, dressing and toilet trips
- Emotional support, friendship, and companionship
- Caring for your pet, whether it’s feeding them, walking them or just generally giving them a bit of love
These are just some of the jobs live-in carers can do for you. They can make an incredible difference in your life, meaning you can enjoy your life to its fullest.
What are the different types of live-in care available?
There are different types of care, depending on the client and their needs. The following are the types of care that we offer at Country Cousins:
- Live-In Care and Support – Our most popular type of care and the most common alternative to care homes. Your life can go on as normal with all the support that you need whilst in your home.
- Urgent Live-in Care and Support – If you or a relative are in urgent need of care, one of our home care professionals could be with you quickly.
- Care for people in self-isolation – Live-in care offers the safest choice of care package during this time. Our cousins will ensure they adhere to all the guidelines put in place at the time by the government.
- Live-in care for disabled adults – Thanks to the expertise we have gained from providing high-quality live-in care for the elderly, the same can be applied with equal value to adults who are living with a disability.
What do our clients say?
It’s all well and good us telling how good live-in care is, when really, the people who matter are the clients. Here are some quotes from some of our clients telling you why they love live-in care:
We have had very good cover for my mother for the past 18 months, and now rotate between two regular carers who are wonderful.
Anonymous – client rep, 2020
My experience of working with Country Cousins so far has been so positive. My concerns about mum, particularly during this Crisis, have been reduced massively since I moved to Country Cousins. Thank you again.
Meg M. – client rep, 2020
Let us help you
As you can see, our clients love the individual care that they get from their cousin. Could live-in care be the option you’ve been looking for? If so, then feel free to contact us today to discuss your options
We want to find you care where you’re happiest, at home.