Operating for more than 58 years, Country Cousins is the longest established introductory live-in care agency in the UK.
Today, we provide self-employed, live-in carers nationwide to more than 500 clients every week, offering compassionate and professional companion care for the elderly, those convalescing in their own home, and disabled adults who need extra support to live independently.
We're always fully focused on providing the best quality homecare services at all times, and stand resolutely by our uncompromising focus on quality.
We promise to:
- Allow our clients to retain their dignity and independence by living in their own homes, supported by competent, caring and compatible Cousins for as long as they and their families wish.
- Offer clients a good choice and continuity of appropriately skilled Cousins, matching their requirements as closely and as quickly as possible.
- Provide tailored care at home for dementia patients and other illnesses that require specialist care.
- Be flexible to our clients’ circumstances, their needs and current home life. Our carers do all they can to make the start of a new era as painless as possible.
- Ensure a smooth service through effective and timely administrative processes.
Country Cousins provide clients with viable choices – the choice to remain in their own home; and the choice to continue to live their life in the company of a carefully selected Country Cousin.
Back in 1959 before The Beatles became a band, an enterprising lady called Josephine McGregor decided to start a small business from her house in West Sussex to provide care and assistance for local folk in their own homes.
She was already experienced in caring for people, having served as a Royal Navy Nursing Sister in this country and in France during WW2. So, she borrowed £50 from her husband to pay for an ad in The Lady… and the rest is Country Cousins.