Covid-19 Update - February
We're here to help you at this time of uncertainty.
A message from our CEO
Last updated: April 2021
One year ago, COVID-19 landed on our shores and has affected so many people’s way of life. Despite this, we have been able to continuously safeguard our client’s and carer’s wellbeing. By putting in place a series of stringent measures to limit the spread of the virus within those under our care or in our central office teams.
• Though we still offer short term live-in care, we remain committed to extending our assignment lengths whenever possible to minimise the number of changeovers needed, continuous single carer support is available for up to 12 weeks.
• We regularly share the latest information on the situation with our pool of carers – including health, medical and government advice, information on their key worker status, enhanced cleaning and sanitisation routines and information around the vaccination roll-out.
• We have switched our office team to 100% remote working, to allow us to maintain our support services. Also switching several functions to digital-only, to protect provision.
• We continue to follow government guidelines on testing. If carers show signs of symptoms or the clients they are supporting, we will advise them on priority testing, guide them through the process and appropriate actions required.
• We continue to accept new clients, as long as our Carers can support the care requirements. After a simple registration process, we can have a live-in carer in place in as little as 24 hours.
These measures, along with the dedication and diligence of our care workers, has allowed us to provide a live-in care service that is unrivaled within the industry in terms of its safety and the level of protection offered against COVID-19.
During the first wave of the pandemic, it was estimated that 11% of all care home residents contracted the illness (ONS survey July 2020), comparing this to the risk of one of our client’s catching Covid from a carer entering their property standing at just 0.1%.
This stands as an amazing testament to the professionalism of the Country Cousins Carers, and Care Relationship Executives who look after them, and to the discipline and seriousness with which you, your friends and your family members have dealt with the situation. I would like to send you all my personal thanks and admiration. It truly demonstrates to me that people are safer when they are looked after in their own homes and just as importantly, they are happier despite the daily challenges that they may face.
Please continue to follow the updated guidance on the Government websites around social distancing in and around your home and ensure your friends and family respect any concerns you and your carers may have despite their eagerness to get things back to normal.
Keep safe – I hope we can help your loved one during this period.
Chief Executive Officer
Need more information?
We're here to help you find the best quality live-in care possible for you or your loved one.
If you are looking for a live-in carer, get in touch with us today.
Call Us On 01293 224 706
Lines open Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1800 and Saturday - Sunday, 1000 - 1500 to discuss your care needs.
Request a Callback
Simply fill in our online enquiry form and we'll drop you a line at a time that's convenient for you.
Download Our Brochure
Download a PDF copy of our helpful brochure for more information on the services that we offer.