Live-In Care Role Requirements
We currently place over 800 Cousins per month in assignments all over the UK. Having established a reputation for high-quality care, the majority of our Clients are introduced to us as a result of personal recommendation.
So how do you become a Country Cousin Live-In Carer?As our Cousins work independently within a client’s own home it is essential that we complete a robust selection process. This includes a face-to-face interview, Induction process, reference checks and a DBS and or PVG (Criminal records checks).
To be shortlisted for interview you will need to meet the following criteria in full:
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the UK
- Agreement to complete the relevant DBS/PVG checks
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience in a regulated care environment
- 2 Professional References, one must be from your current or previous employer
- Evidence of professional development including any training certificates
The training required is:
From initial interview, on-boarding and in-house training we create Carers that we are proud to call "Cousins".
- Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
If you would like to become a self-employed carer with Country Cousins, we would love to hear from you. Apply Now or call our dedicated Recruitment Team on 0808 250 3295 to find out more.